Do you like Banana Cakes?
The best ever banana cake recipe. You'll go ape over this moist, delicious recipe, made completely from scratch your family and kids would love. This recipe is super easy to follow. Plus, you may use the same batter to make banana bread or banana muffins!
What you need:
Serve 6 (407 calories per serve)
- 200g plain flour
- 125g melted butter
- 70g brown sugar
- 400g mashed ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb Soda
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup full cream milk
If you want the frosting:
- 250g cream cheese
- 250g icing sugar
- 75g softened butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan forced).
- In a separate bowl, combine the unsalted butter and sugar. Mix well with a hand whisk, then add the eggs and milk. Whisk to incorporate.
- Mix plain flour, bicarb soda, baking powder and nutmeg thoroughly, then sift into a dry mixing bowl.
- Fold in the dry ingredients using a spatula until just combined.
- Fold in the mashed banana with spatula and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into a fully-lined round baking tin.
- Bake for 40min or until golden brown. Remember to turn the tray around half way through as most ovens do not distribute heat evenly.
- To test if the cake is cooked, insert a skewer in the middle of the cake. When the skewer comes out clean, you know it is well cooked through the middle.
- You can serve this with cream, ice-cream, custard, or whatever your heart desires! I prefer to eat my cake with the frosting or sometimes in its own glory and of course, with my fav cup of tea.