Do you like Banana Cakes?
The best ever banana cake recipe. You'll go ape over this moist, delicious recipe, made completely from scratch your family and kids would love. This recipe is super easy to follow. Plus, you may use the same batter to make banana bread or banana muffins!
What you need:
Serve 6 (407 calories per serve)
- 125g Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 200g Plain Flour
- 2 ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1 tsp of Mixed Spices - We use Cardamom, Ginger, Clove, Cinnamon, but you can use any spices you fancy. Go wild and free
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- ¼ cup Full Cream Milk
- 400g Over ripe Banana (Mashed)
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan forced).
- In a separate bowl, combine the unsalted butter and sugar. Mix well with a hand whisk, then add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk to incorporate.
- Mix plain flour, bicarb soda, baking powder and spices thoroughly, then sift into a dry mixing bowl. Add the salt into the sifted flour bowl then set aside.
- Fold in the dry ingredients using a spatula until just combined.
- Fold in the mashed banana with spatula and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into fully lined round baking tin (25cm x 5cm).
- Bake for 40min or until golden brown. Remember to turn the tray around half way through as most ovens do not distribute heat evenly.
- To test if the cake is cooked, insert a skewer in the middle of the cake. When the skewer comes out clean, you know it is well cooked through the middle.
- You can serve this with cream, ice-cream, custard, or whatever your heart desires! I prefer to eat my cake in its own glory, with my fav cup of tea of course.