Best selling Carrot Cake!
You've asked and we listened. We are sharing the recipe to our best selling carrot cake! This recipe is incredibly easy and perfectly moist and versatile!
What you need:
- 2 eggs
- 220g plain flour
- 70g brown sugar
- 125g melted butter
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ walnuts
- 300g shredded carrots
- 500g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 150g softened butter
- 500g icing sugar
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Using a hand whisk, beat the eggs and whisk with brown sugar until creamy
- Carefully mix softened butter until fully blended
- Next, sift through flour, baking powder, bicarb, nutmeg and milk
- Continue mixing until well incorporated
- Fold in the remaining ingredients - sultanas, walnuts and carrots
- Pour evenly into a greased pan
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees
- Once cooled, layer in the icing mix
TIP: Using 2 baking tins will ensure the cake batter cooks evenly!
Be sure to sign up to our newsletter for weekly recipe updates & exclusive competitions! & of course, tag #ilovebutter @i.lovebutter on Instagram so we can keep up to date with all of your amazing creations and brekkie spreads!