Best selling Carrot Cake!
You've asked and we listened. We are sharing the recipe to our best selling carrot cake! This recipe is incredibly easy and perfectly moist and versatile!
- 2 eggs
- 220g plain flour
- 70g brown sugar
- 125g melted butter
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ walnuts
- 300g shredded carrots
- 500g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 150g softened butter
- 500g icing sugar
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Using a hand whisk, beat the eggs and whisk with brown sugar until creamy
- Carefully mix softened butter until fully blended
- Next, sift through flour, baking powder, bicarb, nutmeg and milk
- Continue mixing until well incorporated
- Fold in the remaining ingredients - sultanas, walnuts and carrots
- Pour evenly into a greased pan
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees
- For the icing - mix everything together until fully incorporated
- Once cooled, layer in the icing mix
TIP: Using 2 baking tins will ensure the cake batter cooks evenly!
Be sure to sign up to our newsletter for weekly recipe updates & exclusive competitions! & of course, tag #ilovebutter @i.lovebutter on Instagram so we can keep up to date with all of your amazing creations and brekkie spreads!