Did you know that 13% of brides decide to serve cupcakes at their wedding as opposed to traditional wedding cake? I don’t blame them… they’re delightful, fun, and the best way to top of any wedding, party, or afternoon tea!
What you need:
- 220g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 220g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 250ml Full Cream Milk
- 350g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan forced)
- Using cake mixer or electric beaters, cream together the softened butter and sugar until pale, soft and fluffy. Start on low speed, then increase medium/high speed
- Reduce speed to low and add one egg at a time. Once all the eggs are added, increase speed to medium and mix until well incorporated
- Reduce speed again to low and slowly pour in the milk and mix until well combined.
- Sift the flour, then fold into the mixture with a spatula until just combined, then add in the vanilla extract.
- Line a cupcake tray and divide the even batter between 12 cupcakes.
- Bake for 15min to 20min or until a skewer comes out clean and slightly golden on top.
I absolutely love these cupcakes plain with a cup of tea, but feel free to top with some buttercream or frosting of your choice!
Be sure to #ilovebutter and tag us @i.lovebutter on Instagram so we can keep up to date with all of your amazing creations and brekkie spreads! We’ll be drooling over your foodie snaps!