Buttery Shortbread Cookies
Sometimes, all you need is to go back to basics, and this Buttery Shortbread Cookie recipe is one to print out and keep in your recipe rolodex!
What you need:
- 200g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 Egg Yolk (30g)
- ½ TSP Vanilla Extract
- 280g Plain Flour
- 250g White Sugar
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Using a spatula, beat the softened butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extra until smooth
- Sift in the flour and mix to create a smooth dough
- Divide the dough in half and shape each piece into a round log/cylinder about 15cm long
- Wrap in cling wrap and pop in the fridge until firm. Around 2 hrs in the fridge or 40mins in the freezer.
- Once chilled, place the sugar on a work surface and roll the dough in the sugar until fully coated
- Cut the dough into 1cm thick cookies and place on a lined baking tray. Allow at least 4cm between cookies as they will spread while baking.
- Bake for 12-15mins, and ENJOY!!
Be sure to #ilovebutter and tag us @i.lovebutter on Instagram so we can keep up to date with all of your amazing creations and brekkie spreads! We’ll be drooling over your foodie snaps!