Croissant Bread & Butter Pudding
What you need:
- 2-3 Leftover Croissants *See Tips
- 60g Butter (Softened)
- ¼ Coconut Sugar
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup Full Cream Milk
- 1 ½ cup Pouring Cream
- 1/2 cup Sultanas
- 1 Thinly Sliced Granny Smith Apple (optional - I love the apple as it compliments the spice and cuts through the richness of the croissant!)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- ½ tbsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Raw Sugar to sprinkle on top before baking
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Using a hand whisk, whisk the softened butter and sugar until combined and smooth
- While continuing to whisk, add in egg one at a time
- Add in the cream and milk, pouring in slowly while continue to whisk
- Add in the vanilla extract and spices, then set aside
- Thinly slice the croissant as seen in picture (1.5 - 2.5 cm cubes) and lay them in a cake tin. Remember to line with baking paper first.
- Once there is one layer of croissants in the tin, sprinkle in the sultanas and then add a layer of apple if you choose.
- Add in a second layer of croissants. Feel free to squash them in to make 2 to 3 croissant layers fit.
- Pour in the cream mixture over the croissants in the tin. (Make sure to whisk the cream mixture lightly to make sure it is well incorporated before pouring)
- Sprinkle on some raw sugar for that extra crunch
- Bake for 40-45 mins
- Let cool slightly before serving
Tips: Use 2 croissants if you prefer a pudding that is less dense.
Try adding in some apples for an extra special twist on the classic!
Be sure to sign up to our newsletter for weekly recipe updates & exclusive competitions! & of course, tag #ilovebutter @i.lovebutter on Instagram so we can keep up to date with all of your amazing creations and brekkie spreads!