Our take on Decadent French Toast
Imagine waking up to the delicious smell of butter in your home and the sound of sizzling french toast on the pan... THAT is what dreams are made of... Well, in our books anyway. Here is our easy but absolutely delicious take on the classic French Toast.
What you need:
- 50g Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Caster Sugar
- 300ml Pouring Cream
- 200ml Milk
- ½ TBSP Cinnamon Powder
- Leftover Bread Rolls, Baguette, or even Sourdough for that extra chewy dough in the centre
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Using a hand whisk, whisk the softened butter, sugar, and cinnamon until creamy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and continue to whisk well.
- Pour in the cream and milk until well incorporated.
- Slice the bread to 2.5cm thick slices and soak in the batter for 5mins.
- Pop on a lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 10mins until crispy, golden brown and looking delicious. Alternatively, you can pan fry this yummy bread, but I prefer baking for that air dry crispy effect. All personal preference!
Be sure to sign up to our newsletter for weekly recipe updates & exclusive competitions! & of course, tag #ilovebutter @i.lovebutter on Instagram so we can keep up to date with all of your amazing creations and brekkie spreads!