Rustic Buttermilk Scones
A beautiful and rustic way to make your next morning tea spread even more impressive with minimal effort! Or let us do the work for you and pop in to Nosh Plus for your ready made scones!
What you need:
- 350g Self Raising Flour
- 80g Unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 Tbsp. Caster Sugar
- Pinch of Salt Flakes *Adjust according to personal preference
- 300ml Buttermilk
What to do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (fan forced)
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt a large mixing bowl and rub the butter into dry ingredients until it resembles crumbs
- Pour in the buttermilk and fold with a spatula until it starts to look like dough *IMPORTANT TIP!! Do not over mix as this will harden the scone. The dough is supposed to be super soft and sticky to work with!
- Generously flour a baking tray and transfer your dough onto the tray
- To shape the dough, dust flour onto the dough’s surface to avoid your fingers sticking, then shape your scone into whatever shape you fancy. *I opt for one double layered extra large scone adding a simple mixture of berries and sugar in the middle as it saves me from using jam later, but feel free to keep it plain and shape into individual serves if you prefer!
- Bake at 200°C fan forced for 20min or till golden brown crust on top surface *If you’ve gone for individual serves, bake for around 12-15mins and keep a close eye on them!
& Voila, you’ve created a delicious gem! Serve warm, fresh out of the oven with whipped cream and jam. Or my case, greek yoghurt and a drizzle of honey. Enjoy folks!!
Be sure to #ilovebutter and tag us @i.lovebutter on Instagram so we can keep up to date with all of your amazing creations and brekkie spreads! We’ll be drooling over your foodie snaps!