Matt Bisario’s Great Granny's Great Cinnamon Tea Cake Recipe
Hold onto your horse this cake only take 5min prep and 15min to bake. It is one of the easiest and tastiest cake you will ever get to enjoy. Since Matt Bisario shared this recipe, my kids and I love making it for afternoon tea treats.
What you'll need: Cake (serves 6)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ Caster Sugar (I reduce mine to ⅓, optional)
- 1 Cup Self-Raising Flour (130g)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Tsp corn flour (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat Oven 180°C
- Line 10cm baking tin with non stick baking paper and put aside
- Beat the eggs till fluffy then gradually add sugar continue to beat till incorporated
- Add the butter to boiling water once butter melt pour the liquid mixture into the egg mixture, continue to whisk till combined
- Sift in the flour and (corn flour).
- Bake at 180 °C for 15min
- Brush the butter on the fresh out of the oven hot cake and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
Be sure to sign up to our newsletter for weekly recipe updates & exclusive competitions! & of course, tag #ilovebutter @i.lovebutter on Instagram so we can keep up to date with all of your amazing creations and brekkie spreads!