Moist Banana Cake with Alex Myers!
The best ever banana cake recipe.
If you think baking is too much work, well you are wrong! Alex is an agent who doesn't own a easuring cup or a spoon.. and his cake turned out fine.. damn fine. Add in chocolates for that extra yum!
P.S. This recipe is super easy to follow. Plus, you may use the same batter to make banana bread or banana muffins!
What you need:
Serve 6 (407 calories per serve)
- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- 125g melted butter
- 70g brown sugar
- 400g mashed ripe banana
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup full cream milk
- 250g cream cheese
- 250g icing sugar
- 75g softened butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan forced).
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and add sugar. Mix well with a hand whisk, gradually pouring melted butter. Add in milk and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Mix plain flour, baking powder and nutmeg thoroughly, then sift into the mixing bowl.
- Fold in the dry ingredients using a spatula until just combined.
- Fold in the mashed banana with spatula and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix. (Add in chocolates if desired)
- Pour the batter into a fully-lined round baking tin.
- Bake for 40min or until golden brown. Remember to turn the tray around half way through as most ovens do not distribute heat evenly.
- To test if the cake is cooked, insert a skewer in the middle of the cake. When the skewer comes out clean, you know it is well cooked through the middle.
- You can serve this with cream, ice-cream, custard, or whatever your heart desires! I prefer to eat my cake with the frosting or sometimes in its own glory, for Alex.. its more butter <3.