10 Ways to Eat Your Leftover Croissants
“I have too many croissants left” (Said no-one ever!!)
It’s never a bad thing to have croissants leftover on your kitchen bench, but if you do, here are a couple of our favourite ways to devour the humble croissant that are JUST as good as day 1, fresh out of the oven!
- Back to basics I.love Butter croissants can be stored in the pantry for up to 2 days in airtight container or in the freezer for up to 1 week!
Reheat that bad boy 5-10min in a 180 degree fan forced over (depending on personal crispness) should do the trick for a fresh croissant taste!
Croissant and Butter Pudding A super easy dessert for your next dinner party, or treat yourself! See our recipe page HERE for our take on Bread and Butter Pudding. You won’t regret it!
- Making your own almond croissant is easy! Stay tuned for our own ooozy almond croissant recipe coming soon!
Buttery French Toast Substitute your traditional bread with leftover croissant for that extra delicious french toast. See our recipe HERE for french toast.
- Croutons are so much more interesting when they’re croissants! Simply cut them up into small 2-3cm cubes and bake in a 180C oven for 10 min or until golden brown. Once cool you can eat them as cereal with milk (our personal fav), toss in salad or store in airtight container for up to 1 week in the pantry!
Ham & Cheese Croissant Cut in half horizontally and fill your fav ham and cheese! Enjoy this fresh or pop your creation in the oven for 15min at 180C for a warm melty delight
- Crumb your Croissant! Tear into small pieces and toast in an 180C oven until crispy! Now for the fun part… crush it all up in a zip-lock bag until you get your desired consistency of the crumb you want, and sprinkle it on anything and everything! The world is your oyster!
- Croissant Croque Madame
- Bonus round! If it is a few days old and hard enough, try throwing it at someone you don't like and see if it comes back like a boomerang. We call it social experimenting.
Now you’re well armed for the next time you have extra croissants! Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone if you order some extra for your next brunch JUST so you have some leftovers.
Be sure to #ilovebutter and tag us @i.lovebutter on Instagram so we can keep up to date with all of your amazing creations and brekkie spreads! We’ll be drooling over your foodie snaps!